To respect the fundamental principle of Olympism that the practice of sports is a human right and every individual must have the possibility to practice sports without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, this style was introduced for the first time by the Iranian Wrestling Federation in August 2017 during the United World Wrestling Bureau meeting in Paris and received acceptance from United World Wrestling to be added as a discipline of Associated Styles. This style lets women cover their body and wear special bodysuit. It is open to all female wrestlers ; the objective is to bring more women to get involved in wrestling.
What is the Women Classic Style?
- Same wrestling rules as Women Freestyle
- Bring an opponent to the danger position and hold this position for a certain amount of time (3 seconds)
- Classic Women Wrestling Uniform : a two-piece body suite consisting of long legging/tight pants and a long sleeves tight shirt (optional use of hair and ear protection)
- Seniors & Juniors: 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 75 kg
- Cadets: (38kg-42kg), 46kg, 50kg, 54kg, 58kg, 63kg
Duration of the bout:
- Seniors & Juniors & Cadets: One period of 3 minutes
The bout ends either by:
- End of the regular time
- Victory by fall – danger position
- Technical superiority of 5 points