In this Policy, “you”, “your”, “yours” means the visitors to our Platforms, which are also designated as the “Users”.
You can deactivate Cookies to which you have consented at any time, free of charge, using the deactivation options offered to you and listed below.
- What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information that is automatically placed on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or mobile device when you access certain Platforms or applications (the “Cookie”). The Cookie uniquely identifies your browser to the server. Cookies allow us to store information on the server of the Users (e.g. language preferences, technical information), or their use of the Platforms, such as their Internet protocol (IP) address, how they arrived at the Platforms (for example, through a search engine or a link from another Platforms) and how they navigate within the Platforms (e.g. path or click information, visiting Platforms, etc.).
- Provenance of the Cookies
- First-party cookies are put on your device directly by the Platforms you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device by a third party like an advertiser or an analytic system.
- What type of Cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary Cookies are essential for you to browse the Platforms and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platforms.
- Preferences Cookies allow the Platforms to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like weather reports for, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in.
- Statistics Cookies collect information about how you use the Platforms, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information is used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve Platforms functions.
- Marketing cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These Cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent Cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
- Expiration time
You are informed that, while you are connected and use the Platforms, Cookies may be placed on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or mobile device :
- session Cookies that disappear as soon as you leave the Platforms;
- permanent Cookies that remain on your terminal until their lifetime expires or until you delete them using your browser's functions.
- Purposes of Cookies placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device
Some Cookies are essential to the use of the Platforms: these are technical Cookies used by the Platforms host for the technical management of the network.
Others are used to analyze the frequentation and the use made of the Platforms to help make your experience with the Platforms better for you and to perform analyses and reviews of the performance of the Platforms. In particular, it helps us to:
- Improve your experience in using and navigating the Platforms and conduct studies in view of such improvements;
- Memorize your browser's display preferences (language used, display parameters, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the presentation of the Platforms to the time of your visits, according to the hardware and software of visualization or reading that your computer, tablet or mobile device includes and which are used for navigation on our Platforms;
- Implement security measures.
- Sharing your terminal use with others
If your computer, tablet or mobile device is used by several people, and when a single computer, tablet or mobile device has multiple browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements directed to your computer, tablet or mobile device correspond to your own use of that computer, tablet or mobile device and not to that of another user of that computer, tablet or mobile device.
Sharing with others the use of your computer, tablet or mobile device and configuring your browser settings with respect to Cookies is your free choice and responsibility.
When you first visit our Platforms, you will be asked to accept, configure or refuse the use of some Cookies. Also, when you accept the deposit of cookies, a consent cookie is placed.
Refusal or consent cookies must remain on your terminal equipment.
- Management of the Cookies
- directly on our Platforms, in the module provided for this purpose, by clicking here, or
- from your browser
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- GoogleChrome: https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (flash cookies): https://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
- GoogleChromeApp: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en , or
- from interprofessional opposition platforms.
Please note that your refusal to place a Cookie is based on the deposit of a Cookie. Therefore, if you deactivate all Cookies on your terminal or if you change your terminal, we will no longer know that you have chosen this option.
- Cookie management module
A module allows you to choose which Cookies you wish to accept and which you wish to reject on our Platforms.
At any time, by clicking here you can access the module and change your preferences.
- Navigation software settings
You can configure your browser so that Cookies are stored in your computer, tablet or mobile device or are rejected, either systematically or according to their sender.
You can also regularly delete Cookies from your computer, tablet or mobile device via your browser.
However, do not forget to configure all the browsers on your various computers, tablets or mobile devices.
- Interprofessional opposition platforms
Several advertising professionals' platforms also offer you the possibility to refuse or accept Cookies used by the member companies. These centralized mechanisms do not block the display of advertisements but only prevent from the installation of cookies that allow the adaptation of advertisements to your interests and behavior.
For example, you can connect to the site www.youronlinechoices.com in order to prevent these Cookies from being placed on your terminal. This platform is proposed by the professionals of digital advertising gathered within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance).
You will be able to find out which companies are registered with this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the Cookies they use to adapt, according to the data they collect, the advertisements that may be displayed on your browser: www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and constitutes a centralized interface allowing you to express your refusal or acceptance of Cookies as specified above.
- Personal data protection
Third-party Cookies on the Platforms are set by external processors, such as Google Analytics and Mailchimp, which are likely, if you accept these cookies, to process your personal data.
The issuance and use of these cookies by third parties are subject to their own privacy policies. For more information about these processes, you can refer to their privacy policies:
- Google analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/fr/gdpr/
The data collected is essential to achieve the objectives pursued by each cookie. It is only intended for the authorized departments of UWW and/or the company issuing the third-party cookies.
Personal data about you may be transmitted to service providers located in third countries outside the European Union, namely Switzerland (Europe), Spain, France, & United Kingdom.
These data transfers are governed by a cross-border flow agreement established in accordance with the rules issued by the European Commission and currently in force.