||David Curby||United States||Member|
||José Maria Lopez Guillon||Spain||Member|
||Dr. Nabil Hosny Elshorbagy||Egypt||Member|
||Prof. Dr. Ümid Karli||Turkey||Member|
||Ioannis Barbas||Greece||Scientific Consultant|
Tasks and Duties
Promotion of wrestling research
- Organize research activities at major wrestling competitions and training centers.
- Form collaborative arrangements that will provide the Commission with increased access to expertise and other research resources.
- Identify wrestling researchers and scientists at an international level.
- Build a communication network so that wrestling researchers may communicate and share ideas.
Distribution of Wrestling Scientific Knowledge
- Organize wrestling scientific congresses, seminars and workshops.
- Publish a wrestling scientific journal.
- Provide a wrestling scientific portal and discussion forum to enable communication between wrestling scientists, coaches and athletes.
- Provide for the distribution of the most up to date knowledge of training practices to ensure the health of our athletes
- Support wrestling-related educational activities in collaboration with academic institutions and universities (e.g. on-line advanced degree programs).
- Build a database of wrestling-related research articles.
- International Network of Wrestling Researchers website
- Provide scientific information for United World Wrestling Bureau and the other United World Wrestling Commissions.
- Provide scientific information for National Wrestling Federations.
- Develop the curricula of training and certification programs for all Federations to use with the various level of coaches-basic to advanced degrees.
- Complete other relevant tasks as assigned by the United World Wrestling Bureau.