Now Hiring: USA Wrestling National Women's Freestyle Assistant Coach
Wednesday, December 8, 2021 - 12:58 By United World Wrestling Press
Position: USA Wrestling National Women’s Freestyle Assistant Coach
Reports to: USA Wrestling National Women’s Freestyle Head Coach
Position Summary: USA Wrestling is seeking a highly motivated, successful coach to help lead the Women’s Freestyle National Team throughout the United States. The National Women’s Freestyle Assistant Coach is responsible for the development and training of the country’s top Women’s Senior age level athletes.
- Help manage & train the OPTC Senior Women’s Resident Program
- Recruit and develop top Senior athletes from within the USAW pipeline
- Assist in developing and implementing the yearly competition and training schedule
- Assist the National Women’s Freestyle Coach in development and implementation of a national talent identification program
- Help manage the athletes within the women’s development camp system
- Work with USA Wrestling staff, coaches, athletes, and volunteer coaches to advance women’s freestyle programs
- Maintain consistent communication with all women’s freestyle stakeholders, including athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials
- Work with the Women’s Freestyle National Team Coaches and National Coaches Education Manager to improve the freestyle portion of USA Wrestling’s Core Curriculum Series
- Represent USA Wrestling at international coaching clinics and conduct domestic grassroots promotional activities
- Work closely with the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) Sports Performance Staff to apply sports science principles to the sport of wrestling
- Assist in execution and development of a recruiting program aimed at drawing top-level NCAA and NAIA athletes to women’s freestyle wrestling national programming
- Recruit, cultivate, and support the women’s freestyle volunteer coaching pool
- Help raise awareness of women’s freestyle wrestling and promote participation in the sport
- Develop and coordinate local, regional, national, and international training opportunities for the Women’s freestyle program
- Assist the National Women’s Freestyle Head Coach in the development of a 4-year High- Performance Plan for each Olympic Quadrennium.
- Assist the National Women’s Freestyle Head Coach in developing and maintaining annual budgets.
- Identify potential opportunities for external funding and assist in other fundraising opportunities as directed by the National Women’s Freestyle Head Coach.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Skills: USA Wrestling seeks an individual who:
- Has developed elite level athletes
- Is experienced in leading teams
- Is skilled in the recruiting process
- Motivates and inspires athletes
- Understands long-term athlete development
- Communicates effectively
- Creates a positive and enthusiastic environment
- Works well in a team environment
- Effectively evaluates athlete talent, strengths, and weaknesses
- Follows and respects organizational policies and procedures
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher
Travel: Domestic and International travel is required
- Must be able to successfully pass a USA Wrestling background screening (prior to hire date).
- Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two weeks of hire date.
HIRING PAY RANGE: $60,000-90,000 PER YEAR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time
- Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
The USA Wrestling Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO - ability to work from the office is required.
USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should send a cover letter,resume, and/or questions to:
+1.719.265.3647 (officedirect) [email protected]