UWW to Virtually Host Women in Wrestling Forum
Friday, October 29, 2021 - 13:32 By Eric Olanowski
VEVEY, Switzerland (October 25) --- United World Wrestling will virtually host the ’21 Women in Wrestling forum November 29th and December 6. They've partnered again with the Switzerland based leading institution Women Lead Sports (https://www.womenleadsports.com) and the renowned expert Gabriela Mueller to bring you the Women Lead Sports Master Program.
The admitted participants will be divided in two groups to best suit their time zones:
For Europe/Africa/Asia and Oceania
• Session One 29.11.2021 from 9-11 hrs. CET.
• Session Two 6.12.2021 from 9-11 hrs. CET.
• Session Three Q&A and Graduation/Certificates 17.01.2022 from 9-10:30 hrs. CET.
• Session One 29.11.2021 from 14-16 hrs. CET.
• Session Two 6.12.2021 from 14-16 hrs. CET
• Session Three Q&A and Graduation/Certificates 17.01.2022 14-15:30 hrs. CET.
Deqa, NIAMKEY, UWW Development Director, presents at the '19 Women in Wrestling forum. There were 50 female participants from 40 nations in attendance at the four-day forum in Istanbul. (Photo: Kadir Caliskan)
The core aim of the program is: to help women and supportive men in sports to lead, to get better results in their organizations, and to increase influence. The program is backed up by a successful track record (over a decade, updated to today's reality) – taught by experts and it includes strategies that really work.
The objectives of the Women Lead Sports Master Program are:
• To learn effective leadership strategies, techniques, and applicable tactics that work today.
• To empower participants to shape the future of Wrestling as a global sport.
• To coach women to get elected, promoted, or nominated as leaders.
• To increase a diverse talent pool in leadership within UWW at all levels.
• The program has been adapted to the new normality in Post-Covid reality.
• To add concrete value in a unique training online experience and empower women leaders in every latitude who want to step up and lead.
We are enthusiastic and convinced that the online experience will be empowering and create real change in gender-balanced leadership teams of the future. This program will be conducted in English. Participants are required to obtain the adequate language proficiency to participate in discussions and group works. Both women and men are encouraged to apply through their national federations.
Each federation could propose a maximum of two (2) candidates. If you're interested in attending the '21 Women in Wrestling forum, please apply by contacting your national federation. Applications sent by individuals will not be accepted.
We remain at your disposal should you have any questions. You may also contact the UWW Development representative who is responsable for your continent
For Africa, please contact Vincent Aka: [email protected]
For Americas, please contact Yuri Maier : [email protected]
For Asia, please contact [email protected]
For Europe and Oceania, please contact [email protected]
United World Wrestling looks forward to receiving your candidate proposals. Thank you for your support and commitment to advance gender parity in wrestling.